Monday, November 19, 2007

A reader e-mail

Daniel from Kingston, N.Y., wrote me an e-mail in response to the recent blog about the Dutchess County SPCA rescues.
As the owner of a rescued pitbull (Comet) I often find myself reading through blogs and rescue sites just to find stories of cruelty. I don't enjoy the sickened anger I feel when I read them, but I feel that it is my duty to keep myself aware of what animals go through at the hands of ignorant and cruel people.

My little girl wasn't abused, but she was neglected and allowed to fall at least 15 lbs underweight. A pitbull rescue based in Carmel heard of her and set her free. She got lucky, and now she has it really, really good. I wouldn't have it any other way!

My pitbull prefers to sleep under my blankets with me on these chilly nights! Like any dog, she loves to eat peanut butter off my finger. How's that for vicious?!?
Here's a picture of Comet (click on her to embiggen).


Thanks, Daniel. Comet is obviously in very good hands.

No comments: