Friday, October 31, 2008

Lab experiment?

This Sunday in the Poughkeepsie Journal, my colleague and syndicated columnist Kathy Norton, who like to poke fun at people who pamper their pets, will admit she has finally found a pooch she would love to spoil.

I know it's Halloween, and it's not nice to really, really, really scare people, but it's true: Norton has fallen for a black lab.

Here's a teaser from her "Boomer Gal" column:
I don't have a cat or dog, but I know how easy it is to get carried away. A black lab named Buddy swept me off my feet just last week.

Before I knew it, his owners had moved a notch down on my Christmas shopping list so I could make room for their dog.

I found myself wondering: Is it too pushy to give a holiday gift to a pet you've just met?

And if it's OK, what would that sweet darling with the clammy nose like this year?
You can find Kathy's column online or on the front page of the Life section Sunday.

After Sunday, you can find it here.

No comments: