Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday on the verge

Well, it's Christmas Eve, everyone.

I got a Christmas card from my sister yesterday and I just had to share it with you.

Watch this video for the full effect. The "ticka ticka ticka ticka" sound you hear at the end is Kate coming to see what all the hubbub is.



And it wouldn't be Christmas without my favorite, favorite video: a Flash animation by Joshua Held of "White Christmas" recorded by Clyde McPhatter and the Drifters in 1953. It is, frankly, genius.

I was trying to plan what I would post for Christmas Eve and wanted to show the animation again. I had bookmarked its Enterwebs address and went to play it, but I got a message that the page couldn't be found.

Panic ensued. I googled, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Well, thanks to the youtube machine things still exist. What would we do without youtube?

Any who, here is "White Christmas" by the Drifters.



Genius, I said.

And to all a good night.

No comments: