Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dog = emotional support?

Do you miss your dog more than your mate when you are away?

Do you "share a look" or have meaningful conversations with your pooch?

An article from Reuters in the Montreal Gazette said you might not be alone.

Read the entire article here.
A third of Americans admit to pining for their pooches more than their partners when out of town. But maybe that's because nine out of ten of them feel their pet is more pleased to see them after a hard day at work and is even more likely to notice when they've had a bad day.
A survey commissioned by Pup-Peroni (the San Francisco treat?) asked over 1,000 U.S. dog owners how they feel about the the animal in their lives.

Many Americans turn to their four-legged friends for solace before friends and family. Nearly two thirds believe their dogs are more dependable than their closest comrades and over 70 percent would rather go for a walk with pooch when feeling uptight than hang out with their best buddy.

Over two thirds say they feel more guilty about leaving their dog behind when traveling than leaving friends or loved ones. A majority say their pooch makes them feel happy, loved and relaxed.

Kate used to be excited when I came home from work. Now I'm lucky if she looks up at me.

Still, I wouldn't trade her for anything.

1 comment:

The Cooking Ninja said...

My dog (well, my mom's dog) get all excited each year when I'm home (Singapore) for vacation and would stick to me the whole time. First thing in the morning when he wakes up is to knock at my bedroom door until I let him in. He would check my room and wait for me every day after I go back to France until my mom cleans up the room. Yes I do miss my dog but I don't do meangingful conversation with him. LOL!