Thursday, March 18, 2010

You paid what for what?

My colleague Irwin Goldberg alerted me to an article in HV Biz magazine (unfortunately, I couldn't find a link to it) about Pet Acoustics' My Pet Speaker.

The $249.50 unit plays music composed with pets in mind and, according to the manufacturer's Web site, was "designed to support the hearing sensitivities of dogs, cats and horses."

OK.

A review by Helin Jung of PeoplePets.com found the speaker aesthetically pleasing (that's good), but said, "My Pet Speaker definitely didn't disturb her (the reviewer's dog Ethel)."

That's good, too.

Researchers quoted in the HV Biz article said some tones on commercial radio or TV station can be disturbing to animals' hearing.

Remember Law & Order (Chung-chung)?

The My Pet Speaker works with any music device, including mp3 players, iPhones and iPods. For $1.99 you can download from iTunes the Pet Acoustics Application which has relaxation music for animals.

For me, I think I will continue to leave the radio tuned to Symphony Hall on SiriusXM. Or sometimes classic country, though some of Randy Travis's low notes are too extreme for Kate.

No comments: