Friday, June 22, 2007

Kitty needs to sleep it off

While funny to watch, you have to feel for the poor cat, trying so hard to "act normal" while the effects of a sedative, administered during a visit to the vet, wear off.

When Kate and I were living in Manhattan, she had what turned out to be an upset stomach (thank you, Pepto-Bismol).

Just to be sure there was nothing more serious, the vet suggested an x-ray, which required Kate to be sedated.

They had to keep her for a couple hours afterward, and we managed to walk the seven or eight blocks home just fine.

I had some work to do and was sitting at my desk. Kate went to her crate, which was in my bedroom/office, and laid down.

She got back up, came out of the crate and sat watching me.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Kate's eyes slowly closing. She opened them suddenly and then they started closing again.

I couldn't resist watching as the pattern repeated. Then Kate started leaning slowly to the right. She never fell over, but kept bolting upright.

I could have sat there laughing, but I guided her back to her crate where she went to sleep. She was fine a couple hours later.

Poor thing.

No comments: