Monday, June 4, 2007

Sorry, cat people

I know the blog has been a little dog-centric lately, what with Beacon Barks! and breaking behavioral research.

This morning I ran across a blog post that someone had posted about hanging a small camera around his cat's neck and letting it wander around. There were many photos, all from a cat's POV. And it was really interesting. The mastermind even included instructions on how he modified a camera to take the shots.

Unfortunately, when I got into the newsroom and tried calling up the article, it had been removed from the Web site for violation of terms of service.

Trust me, it was really cool. If I run across it again, and it stays up on the Internets, I'll post it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blog entry was such a tease, Michael! Not only do we not get to see the feline fotos, but you didn't answer the most important question — how DID that cat take the pictures? A crazy catnip contraption? Whisker sensitive trigger? Or something dull, like a timer?

-Maria

Michael Woyton said...

Sorry about that, Maria. The camera, as I recall, was set to take pictures at specific intervals. So it's the dull timer theory.

The pictures included snaps of other cats the wandering feline encountered, a visit to a garage with a car that looked like a UFO and neighborhood houses.

I have hopes that the guy who did it will find a way to bring the pix back to the Internets.