Monday, November 17, 2008

Future first dog on hold, wisely

The president elect and his family will wait until after they move into the White House to get a dog.

Here's an Associated Press article.

First-lady-to-be Michelle Obama told CBS's "60 Minutes" that it wouldn't be a good idea to bring a dog into the mix during the transition.

That's a good call, I think. Nothing could be worse for the dog, or for the family for that matter, to have the extra worry about getting used to two drastically different situations in such a short period of time.

And they are still talking about getting a shelter dog. Good for them. I am certain that they will be able to get a pooch that will not aggravate Malia's allergies.

I'm not going to suggest medical intervention for the child; that would not be my place.

But I suffer from seasonal allergies and I take a medication that deals with it, preventing it from turning into something more serious, like asthma.

I'm sure the Obamas, as responsible parents, already know this. After all, they will soon have the best medical care in the entire world.

No comments: