Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Burp

A St. Louis-area bulldog should obviously not be left alone when there are tasty, or not-so-tasty, things around that can be swallowed.

Lulu had to have surgery recently to remove 15 baby pacifiers, along with a bottle cap and a piece of a basketball.

Here's a link to the story.

She had been eating them for about six months and, remarkably, showed no ill effects.

Kate ate a whole store-bought pound cake once. I'd left it on the kitchen counter and forgot about it. Then the next day I found the plastic wrap on the floor. She eventually came down from the sugar high.

So what is the strangest thing your dog has eaten?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pacifiers??? Yikes!! I woke up one morning to find the dog oh so casually up on her hind legs, front paws on my kitchen counter, snout-deep in a plate of cookies I'd left out on the counter - only I had just woken up and couldn't really yell so much as squeak at her to stop. She also ate a corner off a Hallmark ornament box I was giving as a gift that year. Quite annoying.