Saturday, January 31, 2009

What will you be doing Sunday?

I know, I know, Sunday is the Big Day.

Thank goodness I'm off that day, because I know I won't be the only one in front of the TV machine, snacks at the ready, watching ...


Woo-hoo!

The Animal Planet special kicks off at 3 p.m. ET, and will be repeated every two hours, with the final showing beginning at 3 a.m. Feb. 2!

Again ... woo-hoo!

Besides the adorable puppies (is piddling the puppy football equivalent of basketball's dribbling?) all of whom are shelter dogs, there is once again the Kitty Halftime Show (secretly my favorite, I don't know why) and Pepper the Parrot, opening the program with the Star Spangled Banner.

Believe it or not, there are those who are more interested in the Super Bowl than in the Puppy Bowl.

John Hart, the sportscaster for WJBF TV in Augusta, Ga., has a cat who knows how to pick Super Bowl winners. Watch his video here.

And finally, it needs to be said that puppy madness does carry over into the Big Game itself.

A California-based pet insurance company has found that Pittsburgh Steelers fans love of their football team also translates to their family pets. Though not so much for Arizona Cardinals fans, according to a survey by Veterinary Pet Insurance.

See the full story here.

No comments: