Friday, April 27, 2007

Kitten on the keys

This is sort of amazing. A cat named Nora that likes to tinkle the ivories. (Make up your own joke.)

Her technique reminds of the almost minimalist quality of the early works of Harry Connick Jr.

I tried to get Kate to take up an instrument, but when she found out a trombone wasn't what she thought it was, she gave it up.

Edit: I think I remember Vladimir Horowitz putting his face down on the keyboard during a concert at Carnegie Hall once. So I think Nora has "studied the masters."

Edit 2: Sorry to keep adding to this, but it's too good to pass up. I'm watching last night's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and they are talking about the recent Virginia Tech tragedy and who is to blame.

After a bunch of pundits offer their opinions, Stewart says, "Come on, people, violent video games, violent movies, those are my father's scape goats."

He then asks if anyone can come up with a better excuse.

A guy from CNN (sorry, can't ID him) says, "I don't know, maybe it's YouTube."

Stewart looks in the camera, shakes his head, and says, "People, if we as a society want to live, the cat playing piano must die."

Glad I can help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I love Nora! She's a complete artiste: composer, performer, & so beautiful & charming & humble about her music that we wish many human musicians would find inspiration in her example. Thank you so much for this video. Next is PBS we hope.

Michael Woyton said...

Yes, PBS indeed. But it will be during pledge time and you know what that means. Nora will have to shill tote bags and coffee mugs.