Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's my blog and I'll memorialize if I want to

Jim Henson died on this day in 1990 at the age of 54.

Such a talent and such a sense of humor probably won't be seen again in our lifetimes.

I was fortunate to have interviewed him at his townhouse in Manhattan. The board room was outfitted with props from "The Dark Crystal." In back of the head of the table where the chairman would sit was a huge portrait of Kermit the Frog dressed in a white suit with gold epaulets. His flipper was tucked into the coat like Napoleon.

Enjoy the video. It's one of the classic sketches he came up with.

(Blog justification: The word "pets" is in the name "Muppets.")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael:

Thanks for the tribute to Henson. He was so talented, and I felt very sad when he died, like I had known him. You were lucky to have met him.

Phil Strum said...

This blog, with the video, just made our night in sports (me and Dan at least). I'll be humming that song the rest of the night

Michael Woyton said...

Glad I could help, Phil.