Sunday, May 20, 2007

A picture of Lucy Lu for all of you


Collen G. from Stanfordville sent in this picture of her Lucy Lu.
Kate may have cheekbones, but Lucy gives out smiles.

This picture is of Lucy Lu. Whenever my husband or I are riding down the road with Lucy and people see her we recognize it immediately. Their eyes light up and smiles spread across their faces when they see her. She is quite a beautiful animal but what a lulu she is. We got her from the Kingston SPCA after our beloved English springer spaniel had to be put down. It was a rebound relationship that started when we got hooked on Petfinder.com. After three years with us, she is just now starting to calm down but only for short periods.

Lucy has ruled the roost ever since we brought her home. At 50 pounds she has boundless energy and bosses our 95 pound rottweiler around. She has given me black eyes, bruises and broken my finger. She can pull so hard at times she has knocked me off my feet. But somehow I still manage to love her (mostly when she is asleep on the couch). We were told that she is part Bluetick Coonhound and part German shorthaired pointer. She certainly is a hunter. Squirrels are her latest obsession but she has brought home or treed four opossum.

Her best trick is chasing her tail. She starts to spin and suddenly changes direction so fast I swear she does it in mid-air. When I am sitting on the floor her favorite trick is putting her head in my lap to get a head scratch and then ends up doing a somersault while making the oddest croaking noise.
She sounds like a real treasure. Thanks for getting a rescue dog, Colleen, and thanks for writing.

No comments: