Saturday, August 23, 2008

A day at the fair

Dutchess County Fair, that is.

I was assigned to do a story for today's Poughkeepsie Journal about the Talent Tent and other entertainment that goes on at the fair.

What? Animals and crafts and carnival rides and expensive food aren't enough for you?

So I was at the Talent Tent talking to Hudson Valley Idol contestants, and what was next door? Within barking distance? The Canine Tent!

Here's a link to the Dutchess County Fair, so you can see what all is going on today and Sunday.

The only place at the fair dedicated to companion animals. Yes!

I didn't have time to do my usual well-sourced look at the Canine Tent, but I did have the time (between Idol acts) to shoot some vids.

Here they are with minimal comments. It's my weekend and I'm tired.

Here's a vid during the dog Frisbee-catching demonstration. They invited a couple of kids from the audience to toss the flying disk.



Several organizations had booths in the Canine Tent, including this Lab rescue group.



One of my favorites ('cause they took such good care of Kate in the past) is Ledgewood Kennel. They are in this vid, among others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.