Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Take two and call me in the morning

Every morning, Kate takes two pills. The first one is for spay incontinence, which is managed easily by one Proin 25 chewable.

The vet who originally prescribed this for Kate said dog's love them. "They eat them right up."


Let's put it this way, about one time in 10 I have to either pick up the soggy pill, open Kate's mouth and drop it in (holding the snout closed until she licks her nose) or gather up all the little pieces and put them in her food bowl.

Sometimes Kate will hold the pill in her front teeth. Makes me laugh every time.

The second pill is glucosamine. It too is chewable. Though there usually isn't much chewing.


I got a laugh from the kennel where Kate stayed while I was away for a week. The owner said, "Oh, Kate sure likes taking her pills with liverwurst."

Duh. Kate trained them well, didn't she?

No comments: