Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fair matches pooch with new family

I got an e-mail from Debra Hall of Hopewell Junction. She had a great story that happened partly because of the Canine Tent at the Dutchess County Fair, that just closed.

She said I could share it with you.

Marley
Marley is 8 years young. We rescued her from a lab rescue. Her old family moved to NYC and did not want to take the furkids with them. We cannot understand how anyone can do that. Their loss is our gain.

She is a very wonderful addition to our family. Duncan and Marley like each other very much. She slept like a baby on her bed all night long! The only thing dangerous about her is her wagging tail!

Duncan

Then in a follow-up e-mail Debra wrote this:
I guess you should include this also. I got Marley after speaking with a gentleman that owns a lab rescue located in Saugerties. I met this man because he had a booth at the Dutchess County Fair in the canine tent. I asked him if he had a very well behaved 6- 8-year-old who was homeless due to no fault of their own. That was when he told me about Marley. The name of the Lab rescue is Canine Country Club. We, my husband David and I, were very impressed when we saw the set up at the rescue. When we met Marley I knew instantly she was going to be ours even though she is just shy of 80 pounds ... much bigger than I really wanted.

I took her to the vet today and he found a small, pea-sized mass in her lower belly. In 2 weeks she will have it removed with surgery. Otherwise she is in perfect shape. No heartworm, no lyme, no anal glad problems either, lol.

I left my 2 dogs home alone today to go to the dentist. When I came home she gave me such a wonderful greeting. I can tell she knows she has a home for life, and she deserves one because she is a fantastic dog. How someone can leave a dog behind after 8 years, I do not know.

Just wanted you to know the whole story.
Congratulations, Debra. Good job, Marley.

No comments: