Monday, August 25, 2008

More about pet therapy at Castle Point VA hospital

Thanks to Annette Smith for writing this nice e-mail in reference to an article in the Poughkeepsie Journal (see this entry) about pet therapy going on at Castle Point.
Great coverage of yesterday's "mass" dog therapy event, and especially for allowing the Castle Point facilities to get such a nice "plug." My Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Nicky, and I were there also, and I more than agree with everything you stated.

I, too, am a Vietnam Veteran, and I, too, have used the Castle Point Out Patient facilities for many years with nothing but Accolades for their staff.

During our Therapy Dog visits I am able to see the "every-day" running of the Castle Point Nursing Facility, and must say that I see very dedicated people who personalize each and every veteran. As they accompany me, I marvel at how they are able to greet each patient by name, and stop to have a small chat about their family, pet, past experience, or whatever topic is special to that particular veteran.

Castle Point is certainly a home away from home for many well-deserving veterans, and the Therapy Dog program certainly helps to enhance this.

Again, thank you

Annette Smith

No comments: