Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On my travels



Probably the last thing I imagined I would encounter in an airport while I was traveling last week was a pet gift store.

(Actually right before I found the store I had a celebrity sighting: Rev. Al Sharpton. So he was probably the last thing I thought would encounter.)

But in the Detroit Metro Airport (yeah, yeah, yeah, it has another name, but this is what the locals call it) in the A terminal was The Stylish Paw.

It's a cute shop that is well worth the trip through the concourse's music and light show that connects to other terminals.

The store has the requisite treats and collars, but there are also clever mugs ("Real Men Like Cats") and even this twist on an old favorite board game.

Embiggen the picture for details from the game. (Imagine paying a $300 fine for fleas!)

I was given a Web site but I wasn't able to find the Stylish Paw on it. If I can scare up a correct URL I'll post it later.

But Deanna runs the shop, and she can be reached at 734-247-6887. The store is located near Gate A66.

The video at the top is from Dallas, not Detroit. Full disclosure.

No comments: